Fortinet FortiWeb Review

Stable with a simple deployment and lots of extra features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for configuration and structuring policy.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a very simple deployment.

There are lots of great features within the product. Even though I don't personally use too many of them, it's nice to have them available.

What needs improvement?

It may be better if it were easier to create roles.

The interface could be a bit better.

Everything is pretty manual. We do need to improvise a bit. Automation might make it easier.

The pricing is a little bit high for us.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

The solution is stable. I don't recall dealing with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

The solution is scalable. We always check our information before we hit any limitations. I just need to assess my servers and the amount of traffic. I believe it to be scalable enough.

We have about five users on the solution currently. They're engineers. We have one box. Many users just need one box. If you want a firewall, or you want various applications on a firewall, you need another box.

We don't have direct experience with their technical support team. If we need technical support, we get it from the distributor. If we do reach out to them, it's typically for diagnostics. So far, we've been satisfied with the level of support we've received.

The initial setup isn't too complex. It's pretty straightforward. The product has a model deployment. You just need one port. After that, access is simple.

The deployment and installation took about one day. It is pretty fast because the setup is pretty easy to execute on.

For deployment, you just need two people. You don't need a bunch of staff to handle it.

We're an integrator. We just appraise the distributor behind us in order to help us in the deployment. It's a really simple deployment though. An organization most likely wouldn't need assistance. A solution like Cisco may require assistance as there would need to be adjustments done on it. It's a bit more complex.

The solution can be a bit expensive. It's not a product line. We use other devices as well as it's not a one-stop-shop. If you need a firewall, for example, you need to buy another product, like Fortinet. FortiWeb doesn't cover things like firewalls.

The license itself is also quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution.

Usually, for our security programs, I'm using on-prem. For now, in my experience, the typical Indonesian customer is using on-prem, as they worry about using the cloud, as the data cannot be stored in HR and it's actually often stored in another country.

It's my understanding that we'll continue to use the solution for a while to come.

Overall, I would recommend the product. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight. If it had a better interface and/or better pricing, I might rate it a bit higher.

More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.