Fortinet FortiWeb Review

Integrates very well and easy to use, configure, and manage

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed a couple of projects for our customers to protect their online e-commerce systems. They have web-based applications for online ordering, for example, for online ordering from a hypermarket. It seems to be a very good solution. We have replaced the existing Barracuda devices of a customer. We deal with the latest version of Fortinet FortiWeb.

What is most valuable?

The customers are very happy with this solution because of two things. First, the IPS integration with a web application is very tightly done on Fortinet. Second, the ease of use is there. The management interface or the GUI interface is very easy to use, configure, and manage. These are the two main valuable features.

It supports integration with other Fortinet products. It also integrates very well with the firewall and sandboxing technology. They already have enough integration with different technologies. They have got a complete tech intelligence view of the whole product.

What needs improvement?

They could improve their support a little bit for faster response time.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for two years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. The web application firewall is protecting the web servers in an organization from outside to inside. It probably has more than 1,000 users.

Their technical support needs a little bit of improvement in terms of faster response time.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It took about 30 to 40 minutes for one web application for default settings. If you want to go with complex settings, then it would probably take three to four days to understand the application backend and everything else.

We used a system integrator. One Admin is more than enough to deploy and maintain it. It is very stable and easy to configure and deploy.

Its subscription prices are cheaper, and it is not very expensive. From a price perspective, Fortinet is a very well-known security vendor.

Subscriptions are very simple. They have a couple of licenses on an appliance, and that's it. The cost is not that big. One license is 40K, which they give with all the products. Another one includes the subscriptions for threat prevention, IPS, sandboxing, etc, which is more than enough.

What other advice do I have?

Fortinet FortiWeb is rated as one of the top WAF devices in many of the independent research reports. Our customers find Fortinet FortiWeb much better than other solutions.

We plan to continue using this solution if an opportunity is there. It depends on the customer's requirements. If a customer is going for an online e-commerce website, we would always recommend going with Fortinet FortiWeb.

I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb an eight out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.