Fortinet FortiWeb Review

You can set QoS according to application priority.

Valuable Features

• Security profiles with application control & web filtering. You can filter which applications are allowed or blocked inside your network, according to the port they are using. Web filtering - which can be applied to Skype for example, prevent botnets, and P2P - also is very helpful when you want to control what is allowed inside the network.
  • QoS. You can set QoS according to application priority.
  • Antivirus from end to end
  • Remote and site-to-site VPN

Improvements to My Organization

We have minimized our expenses for internet security/antivirus in host-side products such as FortiClient installation, which has antimalware/web security/antivirus and protects the host from vulnerabilities while connected to the server.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see support for throughput up to 10 gbps and WAN support. Depending on your device’s design, I’d like to see throughput support up to 2 mbps for SSL, 3 mbps for IPS, and 1.5 mbps for applications. This might already be offered with newer versions.

I haven't used the latest release of device. From my current device perspective, reporting is good, but I want to see, in the future releases if they haven't done yet, is the total traffic alert (highest peak) that could receive on mobile or email. This is very helpful if you could set in required interval to monitor the total traffic that could feel the traffic in your hands.

Use of Solution

I have used it for five years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I rate the level of technical support 9/10.

It was straightforward for minimal configuration and requirements, CLI for complex configuration.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing and licensing is good and it depends on what the business solution requires.

Other Advice

FortiNet shows me the health of the entire network. Evaluate how you would use FortiNet UTM. Look for the solution which fits your business infrastructure requirements such as VPNs, firewalls, application and web filtering, throughput, and most of all, which device which gives you the best performance.