Fortinet FortiWeb Review

It can bandwidth limitations and restrictions at the individual IP, group IP, and total IP levels. The user interface and update/support is not quite user-friendly.

What is most valuable?

The bandwidth limitation and restriction feature is most reliable and useful, working as expected and hasn’t had any crash or excessive load issues.

Using the interface to set bandwidth limitations and restrictions at the individual IP, group IP, and total IP levels is really useful for allocating dedicated bandwidth for senior users, reducing it for public users, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

This product allows our organization to manage each user’s bandwidth limitation for internet service and overall.

What needs improvement?

The user interface and update/support is not quite user-friendly.

Obviously nowadays these are just normal features, but we are looking for QoS, application visibility, web filtering and mostly threat detection/malware protection/IPS for security side/etc.

We have been using it for five years.

We have not encountered any stability issues. Not at all. We have placed it in our data center, and the equipment’s hardware stability is quite good. The equipment works fine when there is a power outage and comes back. Never had a hardware issue.

We knew the equipment’s scalability and feature range, so it is fair.

There were a few issues with technical support when we tried to extend contract/support.

We used Microsoft ISA software firewall, and we encountered hardware and software failures a lot. We decided to change to a hardware solution because of many power outages.

Initial setup was straightforward and easy to manage.

Pricing is bit high but fair for a hardware unit. However, licensing and benefits for my country and region is not good.

What other advice do I have?

It is an easy-to-manage, great product for a small office.