Fortinet FortiWeb Review

It’s an all-in-one solution that gives more Wi-Fi control capability.

What is most valuable?

• Routing
  • Web filtering
  • Wi-Fi control

How has it helped my organization?

It’s an all-in-one solution that lowers the cost of having multiple solutions. It gave us more Wi-Fi control capability.

What needs improvement?

- Logging

We have been using this model for one year. We previously implemented earlier models for six years.

We have encountered very few stability problems. In six years, we had one device that need to be shipped back to Fortinet. We had HA set up at that location, so there was no down time.

We did not have a problem upgrading their firmware updates.

Yes and no; you have to size it right before buying. The hardware on some models is not expandable, but you can easily turn software add-ons on and off.

I’ll give them an 8/10 for technical support.

We had a Cisco router and a Barracuda. We switched from that to a FortiGatefirewall and the Cisco Router. Finally, when the Cisco router was going bad, we replaced it with a FortiGate 100 for firewall and routing capability.

Initial setup complexity depends on the network. The admin console is easy to use.

They have options for their licensing. Look at what you are going to use it for and purchase that way.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. We had one of the smaller firewalls, and we upgraded to one of their bigger ones.

What other advice do I have?

Look at sizing. And if you are a 24/7/365 shop, get two for HA.

100D
More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.