Fortinet FortiWeb Review

If a customer has a web portal that frequently experiences attacks, FortiWeb blocks all negative traffic.

What is most valuable?

• SSL offloading
  • Unlimited number of protected servers
  • Load balancing

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

It would be great if FortiWeb could provide web forms like Microsoft TMG. (For example, OWA Exchange portal or SharePoint portal.) Many of our customers are looking forward to this functionality.

I don’t use it, but as a partner of Fortinet, I implement it at customers’ sites. Our customers have been using it for about two years.

One of our customers recently experienced a stability problem. The customer has two FortiWeb appliances in an HA cluster (A-P). Something happened and both FortiWeb units became MASTER. Only a reboot of one of the units helped them. We opened a ticket.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Sometimes technical support is very slow, but sometimes they work very fast. So I will rate it 5/10.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup is not very complex. But if we have problems with configuration, we ask support.

We always recommend the full bundle, but sometimes we offer a budget-conscious solution for the customer.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Look at the PRICE and the PERFORMANCE.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Fortinet partner.