Fortinet FortiWeb Review

Has a mechanism to detect all of your entries that aren't used and clean them up but they should have an antivirus option

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is as a firewall. We use a lot of Fortinet products. We have email security and FortiGate IPS.

How has it helped my organization?

When we had Cisco we had around thirty thousand entries on our firewalls. Now we are down to three thousand. Fortinet has a mechanism to detect all of your entries which are not used, and it can clean it up.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the access policies and how Fortinet gets the compilation done is really good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have an antivirus option.

Less than one year.

Stability is very good.

We haven't had any issues with scalability. You can scale up easily.

Their technical support is good.

We previously used Cisco. We switched because all they are is a brand name. It was a failure. We gave it a year to improve the product and it didn't so we switched.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment didn't take much time. The support guys were really good. The transition from Cisco to Fortinet was a bit challenging but they had tools to make it easier.

We require three staff for the deployment and maintenance.

We are the resellers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. A seven and not a ten because of the antivirus issue.