Fortinet FortiWeb Review

Good performance, easy setup and good UTM features like self-encryption

What is our primary use case?

All of our customers use it because they need a proxy solution. Fortinet provides us the best solution to do this. I don't believe that Check Point or Palo Alto can do what Fortinet does.

How has it helped my organization?

There's a high school with many branches in our country. I configured it for them and they are very happy with Fortinet. Fortinet's performance is very good.

What is most valuable?

All the features that FortiGate contains are very suitable for our business. We work with other products in Fortinet: FortiWeb, FortiSandbox, FortiMail, and FortiCache. We use all UTM features like self-encryption, encryption, all UTM features.

What needs improvement?

New releases and old releases have some bugs, some features do not work as good as we want but every new release the Fortinet team fixes up problems. I don't have anything to say about what to do to improve this product. It's a great solution for us.

Scalability is very good. Our customers that use Fortinet have two thousand local users.

Any problems that our customers have, they first call me and I support them. If I can't solve a problem I create a ticket. This happens very rarely. Their technical support is very good because they always help me.

The initial setup is very simple to configure. Our customers are very happy with that.

The time it takes to deploy depends on how deep our project is. Sometimes it can take a week and sometimes a month. Minimum a week though.

All Fortinet products that we sell, I deploy by myself.

The licensing policy is very good. Our customers are very happy with that.

When our customers ask about Palo Alto we can sell them a Palo Alto but we try to explain that Fortinet is a great solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eleven out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users