Fortinet FortiWeb Review

Problematic licensing requires upgrades at scale with additional expense for advanced features

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with Fortinet. We specialize in power customers. We use many products like FortiGate, FortiWeb, FortiAnalyzer, FortiSIEM, and FortiSandbox.

All the FortiGate products are new, even the Fortinet switches we are selling to our customers. We also install and configure the network for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

With this product, you can secure all the Fortinet products together. I'm an entrepreneur. Most people fail in the publication of a firewall.

What is most valuable?

FortiWeb offers machine learning in the latest product. Before that, there was an auto-learning feature. This fixed many problems. There are no false negatives now.

Fortinet FortiWeb now has artificial intelligence and machine learning.

What needs improvement?

What I would like to see improved in Fortinet FortiWeb will probably be included in the next release. The legal feature needs better step-by-step use of the form.

We use the FortiGate guidebook for step-by-step instructions. But the FortiWeb guidebook is only is a demonstration kit which is not enough for a new installation.

FortiWeb is a stable solution.

Fortinet FortiWeb is not scalable. There is a model and a license if you want to use it. You'll need more budget to change the hardware. FortiWeb is not scalable on the same plan.

The initial setup is not simple for all the products. Some Fortinet products vary, but overall it is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

In the version of Fortinet FortiWeb that we have, it does not include the scanner. We cannot access every feature. If you have all the popular products, you can use the system perfectly to connect everything.

Fortinet can improve the security firebase in support for HTTPS and the CPU with additional configurations. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb a two.

1 visitor found this review helpful