- I found many books on web about FoxPro, it is well presented and has a big community
- It supports high volumes of data and it is the perfect solution for organizations with moderate to high levels of data transactions
- FoxPro it is very stable, it has become one of the most stable and bug free software development system on the market
- For me it was useful because it uses basic programming
- It is visual, so easier to use
Room for Improvement:
- I noticed that FoxPro is slow and this was a problem for me
- It does not have high level of administrative security
- It is not very portable, for using a very portable DMS I recommend Microsoft Access
- When I needed to process large quantities of records per hour I was dissapointed by FoxPro
FoxPro software development system is used in designing sophisticated database applications. FoxPro is an adequate database for small networks with the average number of users around 50. The data structure is simple to use, maintain, and security is minimal. However, they do not have the security or expandability to be used in larger networks.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Feb 18 2013