Freshdesk Review

The built-in customer satisfaction surveys made it easy for us to see areas that need improvement, but they shouldn't change the base CSS for existing templates in random updates.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features of Freshdesk are the completely customizable solutions center (assuming you have LOTS of patience), the ticket automation, and the reporting.

Improvements to My Organization

The built-in customer satisfaction surveys made it easy for us to see areas that need improvement, and the ticket automations allows us to set priorities on incoming tickets based on who is submitting it. Both of these features make it easier to handle escalations and help draw our attention to the customers that need it the most.

Room for Improvement

The most frustrating thing is definitely the solutions center customization. For starters, they shouldn't change the base CSS for existing templates in random updates, breaking layouts that have remained static for six months. Aside from that, providing more documentation on common requests would be helpful.

Use of Solution

We switched to Freshdesk about eight months ago.

Coming from Zendesk, we had very little issues with deployment. We were able to upload a zip file of all our old tickets, and Freshdesk automatically populated our database. Transferring help articles was nightmarish, and it wasn't worth it to stumble through the lacking documentation to learn the API enough to import them all (we only had about 100). We ended up manually copying/pasting the intact HTML code from Zendesk into Freshdesk and hosting all the images on our own server, which was fairly quick, but definitely not ideal.

I've only reached out to Freshdesk support a few times, and they've always been responsive and helpful.

We switched from Zendesk for numerous reasons, but mostly because of problems on Zendesk's end as opposed to features in Freshdesk. The reporting, simple customer satisfaction surveys, and gamification in Freshdesk certainly did help push us over the edge in favor of it, though.

Everything was simple except importing the help articles, which was awful. Aside from that, customizing the solutions centre stylesheets/page layout was very, very time consuming, but that's more unforgivable considering the heavy customization we were doing. We needed to use quite a few hacks and reach out to their support team for help with figuring out how they handle pagination, but again, nothing I wasn't expecting. the support team was great.

Implementation Team

I did it. Assuming you have your tickets in a .zip file, everything is smooth sailing, but you'll need to be somewhat technical to move help articles or heavily customize the help centre since you're injecting raw CSS.

Other Advice

The only advice I have is to keep it simple, at least initially. There is so much you can do in the admin panel that you can get lost in there and end up with some janky automations or incoming ticket rules that don't quite make sense, and then you don't remember where to go to change it back. Tackle the admin panel one section at a time unless there's some things you know you cannot live without.