Freshservice Review

Easy to use and implement with a good user interface

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for incident management. We use it for ticketing for end-users. We are using also all the functionality around change management, release management, and this year we implement project management and software license management. We also make use of the analytics.

What is most valuable?

The analytics are very good.

The solution offers very nice incident management.

The overall functionality of the product is excellent.

The change management is helpful. They have an agent that we installed in every single asset. We have the inventory for all assets automatically.

Contract management is very valuable for us as an IT department, as we have the information for every single computer across the company.

We are starting to use the project management aspects right now. We have different projects and we have all information in the same solution, in the same place. It makes everything more centralized and easier to access.

The user interface is very nice and the solution is easy to use. You don't need to be an expert in order to navigate around and use the product. You don't need to read a lot of manuals in order to figure everything out. It's pretty intuitive.

What needs improvement?

While we're just starting with project management, I foresee some limitations with it two or three years down the line. The functionality we will likely need just isn't there right now. It's still very, very basic in terms of the offering.

For example, measuring progress can be tricky. If you finish the sub-tasks and not the main task, it doesn't calculate the project's progress correctly.

It would be nice if there were some standard KPIs around, for example, performance or support. It would help with budgeting.

The product should look at BCM or ServiceNow and see if there are features that would make nice additions. It would help them stay competitive.

We started using the solution 36 months ago. It's probably been close to three years.

The stability of the solution is quite good. We don't have crashes. It doesn't freeze. there aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The scalability is okay. However, if you have more than 100 or 200 agents how the performance will be.

We had started with five, then with 10, then with 15 and now we have 20 or more. We don't need to report or to ask that they increase the capacity planning or anything of that nature. It was very transparent and so far very easy for us to scale up.

We may increase usage in the future.

Technical support has been very good. Their response times are very fast - faster than other competitors. We haven't really had any big problems with the product at this point. Therefore, we haven't really used them that much. However, we are quite satisfied with the level of service they provide.

While I haven't used a different solution at this particular company, I have used other solutions in the past, such as BMC and ServiceNow.

Freshservice is more stable and easier to use. It's also less expensive. It may not e as big as other offerings, however, for small and medium-sized organizations, it's quite good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It was not overly complex. We didn't run into too many issues.

We constructed everything and handled the setup was in one day. Three days later we had to start with all the functionality and the implementation for the entire company including the change management process, the training, etc. Everything was done in less than one month.

We didn't need a consultant or any type of expert in order to handle the implementation. We handled everything ourselves.

The pricing information is on their website. It's my understanding that their Pro Plan, for example, is around $89/month.

There aren't additional costs on top of this. The price you see on the website is the price they charge and the price you pay.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. They recently changed the names of their services. While we were previously using what I believe was called Enterprise, which is now called Pro.

We may continue to use, not just this solution, but other Freshworks options in the future. We've recently asked the company to put together webinars for our company to learn more about their offerings.

I'd recommend this solution. In fact, I already have - to other CIOs. The pricing is very straightforward, and the solution is easy to use. It's not overly technical.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Freshservice reviews from users
...who compared it with Spiceworks
Find out what your peers are saying about Freshworks, ServiceNow, ManageEngine and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.