Freshteam Review

Enables better communication between candidates and employers, and offers useful scheduling features

What is our primary use case?

I was trained in the use of Freshteam over the course of one month as part of an internship at the company I've been working at. During this time, I was working on recruiting processes such as onboarding and candidate selection.

If a candidate was selected, then we collected their data and proceeded with their recruitment step-by-step. For example, the first step is contacting the candidate who has applied for the post. Then, once they've done the telephonic round, I'd send them an email for the next round, which is the written round.

We don't use Freshteam on a regular basis, however, and I mainly used it as part of our company training, which included training on other recruitment portals like Knockri and websites such as LinkedIn.

How has it helped my organization?

If we're talking from the candidate's point of view, such as if they're applying for some post and they want to know if anyone's having an issues or problems, he or she can easily get connected with the candidate through Freshteam. It offers a portal that is very accessible for any queries that candidates might have during the recruitment process. And if you want to discuss the company and the employer with the candidate, you can easily do so, while keeping a record of all the details discussed.

With Freshteam, it's easy to get to know what kind of employee we need and what kind of experience we're looking for, among other attributes. It gives you a nice way to view the particulars of potential candidates from all angles, which results in efficient and effective recruiting.

What is most valuable?

There are a few reasons why I like Freshteam, including how easily you can get connected with candidates, and how easily candidates can get connected with you as the employer. One of the best features is its scheduling system, which gives both parties the opportunity to schedule different parts of the recruitment process. So if a candidate wants to know my schedule or when I will be available, that information is easy to find.

Another nice feature is that if somebody is not selected for the post that they're applying for, they can get notified very quickly so that they don't waste their time waiting.

For the most part, it's got a lot of features that support both the candidates and the employer which makes the process more fair to everyone involved.

What needs improvement?

In the beginning, I was having a hard time learning the software because I was using it on a remote basis. Of course, I used some YouTube videos and other online resources to get by, but for me personally, I learn a bit more easily when the training is done in-person. I had to work double time just on the learning part of it, so I would say that Freshteam could do with better training resources.

If there were better training available, it would have made things much easier for me because when I'm learning on a virtual basis, it takes longer to assimilate what I need to know.

I have used Freshteam for one month.

I didn't notice any problems with stability, although I only used it during the one-month training period.

I can't comment on scalability much because in my country there aren't that many people who are aware of Freshteam. So I think that there are too few candidates who are using the software for scalability to come into play.

The technical support is nice. When I was working with Freshteam I was able to ask Freshworks, the parent company, any questions I had when facing problems.

Apart from Freshteam, I've also used Knockri, which is a job portal commonly used in India, and LinkedIn.

If you want growth in your professional life, then you should go with Freshteam because it's a nice applicant tracking system and it works on a real-time basis. It's also more sophisticated than a job portal such as Knockri. If you're using the Knockri portal, then you're just applying for the post and waiting for a reply. Just that. But with Freshteam, you can get started in minutes and have access to all sorts of features that connect you directly with the company you're applying for.

People tend to communicate better when using Freshteam rather than something like Knockri, because if someone wants to know anything from the other, they can send a message and the other person can build a reply within minutes. If you're using Knockri, on the other hand, it's a fine job portal but you generally have to wait a bit longer to get a reply from the other party.

Deployment is easy because everything is done by the application online. There were no real headaches when setting up Freshteam for the first time.

For our training period, we were simply given a user ID and password by the company, with which we could log in and do our work on the platform. The licensing was someone else's responsibility.

What other advice do I have?

I think I would like to work more on Freshteam in the future because it's a great software platform and easy enough to learn. It's also very accessible. The only downside for my scenario is that there aren't that many firms or even candidates who are using Freshteam here where I work.

However, for others, I would say that if you want greater growth in your career, then Freshteam is a great application. I personally would like to use it more going forward.

Especially when you compare Freshteam with job portals like Knockri, there's a lot more respect for the candidates when employers use Freshteam. When jobs are posted to Knockri, there's a big possibility that the candidate is just wasting their time waiting for a reply or some kind of notification that may never come.

Yet with Freshteam, we can instantly notify the candidates about the application status and other things. And not only that, but it's focus on time and scheduling is also a great feature. For example, if I'm set to host an interview on Zoom or Google Meet at 12 o'clock, but the applicant can't make it, we can easily reschedule through Freshteam.

I would rate Freshteam an eight out of ten.

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about Freshworks, Ramco, PeopleStrong and others in Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.