froglogic Squish Review

It has support for desktop and web applications developed with wide range of tool kits.

How has it helped my organization?

• We used it for two projects, one was developed using smart GWT toolkit and other used flex
  • Locators kept changing in GWT for every build
  • For flex all the other solutions required the code to be build using custom parameters and libraries
  • Froglogic provided us a solution which supported both the platforms, and no need to build code with vendor provided custom libraries

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Integration with Rational Quality Manager
  • Support for wide range of tool kits (HTML, GWT, Smart GWT, Flex)
  • Tech Support of Froglogic is awesome, you talk/chat/mail directly to the designers/developers of the product.

What needs improvement?

• Features like recovery scenarios can be added as an improvement
  • Reporting can be improved.

It worked great, did parallel executions, and distributed executions.

Nope

10/10

10/10

We were using HP QTP, before selecting squish we did a POC on TestComplete and some other vendor tools. Cost and non availability of Support for new tool kits were the reason we moved to Squish.

It is a simple tool. Anyone with a fair background in automation tools can achieve setup and start creating suites in no time.

Licence servers were implemented by the vendor team. Implementation, understanding the tool, creating proof of concept was done by me.

Stable automation suites.

All combined, we had a total of 900 scripts divided into different regression suites which we ran couple of times every week for regression on development and pre prod environments.

Execution was triggered from Rational Quality Manager and scripts executed on three of our local machines running Squish adapter.

It definitely reduced the overall testing time.

HP QTP

TestComplete

What other advice do I have?

Stable automation suites, it is cheaper than most of other vendor automation tools, it supports wide range of tool-kits, even embedded solutions, one tool for all your products. The tool itself comes with a simple help, just go through it. If you still face issues, drop a mail to support and all your issues will disappear.

1 visitor found this review helpful