froglogic Squish Review

One of the most valuable features is the auto-completion of the code while you register your actions/clicks inside the application under test.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

The most important part is that it allows me to create black box tests faster and easier. Along with it's features for apps written in C++ QT, gives me even some inside about the code of the application under test.

Room for Improvement

The most complete way of testing is on several OS's, even platforms. Here, the solution provided by Squish, trough several python script files, could be simplified in such a way, so that even black box testers could manage it easy. At the moment, you need to have a basic knowledge about Python and programming so you can master it and use it.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

I had several emails exchanges with the Squish support department. They know their product, and indeed they can provide solutions for your problems. Appeal to them with confidence.

I didn't use any other solution. Some other colleagues did an evaluation of several tools, and this was the closest to our needs.

Initial set-up is quite easy, because their package comes in the form of a binary for Windows. Now, after using it for quite a while, it seems logical and quite easy.

I need to give a minus to the the product, because the technical documentation, again, is not easy to understand if you aren't at least a basic programmer. Indeed, Squish sustains sessions of on-line training, that can really help a beginner, but still, you also need to have a minimum level of principles about programming.

Implementation Team

This product was already implemented at a basic level, when I started using it.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, other found solution was the one provided by Smart Bear. But we choose Squish, because it's more flexible and intuitive.

Other Advice

Some of you may find the Squish product easy to use, some of you may find it hard. I think that what's important in the the end is that the used tool to allow you to obtain the wanted result. This product, until now, allowed me to do this.

2 visitors found this review helpful