froglogic Squish Review

Best tool for automated GUI testing

What is our primary use case?

Table-driven testing is our main case. Using Squish, we are able to do table-driven testing very easily. Drive your scripts with data from a variety of data sources such as CSV, TXT, TSV, MS Excel, Databases. One more best thing to mention would be the capability of behavior-driven development testing. Squish uses Gherkin Syntax which is a standard BDD language. Squish can be easily integrated with ALM, continuous integration, build integration, HP Quality Center/HP ALM, Microsoft Visual Studio/TFS/MTM integration, Rational Quality Manager, Seapine, TCM integration, Maven, Ant, TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins/Hudson.

Squish is very good in handling hybrid applications. We can perform behavior-driven development(BDD) in Squish very easily.

Squish has introduced one new feature which we are waiting from long time i.e., OCR(Optical Character Recognition) Support.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, for doing table-driven testing, we had to do a lot of circus. Using Squish, we are able to do table-driven testing easily via a straight forward process. We have automated the entire process of running scripts, and Squish will never be stuck. Squish's data-driven testing is very powerful, so it will never be stuck if the size of data is too heavy.

What is most valuable?

• Its remote testing is powerful and very interesting to perform for those who want to do testing in a different machine.
  • Table-driven testing is one more excellent feature which I believe is most useful for those who want to check bulk data which is in CSV, TSV, and so on.
  • Its record and replay are very powerful wherein Squish will not miss any action.

What needs improvement?

The Squish team provides regular updates, and they are improving the features of Squish. Anyhow, we can't automate the applications which are completely built on C/C++ without using Qt. As per my view, Squish should provide support for these type of applications.

Less than one year.

Yes, we've used different tools which we didn't find much powerful as that of Squish.

The setup is straightforward, it is a medium cost tool. It has two types of license, i.e., fixed and group licenses.

Yes, I have evaluated a few more tools, but I can't reveal the names of the tools.