Fudo PAM Review

Our research shows this is superior to competing products in some ways

What is our primary use case?

The access management part of the solution is the primary part of the product that we use. The client that we have wants to limit user access to applications within the user's sessions. The client wants to keep logs about the users who are working on their servers. The main purpose is really to maintain these logs and restrict the use of applications in a user's session.

What is most valuable?

We do not have a lot of detailed information about Fudo PAM from a user's perspective. We mostly have collected studies about the feature set and comparisons to other products. We were looking to answer some questions for customers such as if it were possible in Fudo to block a session if users try to run an application and other questions like that.

What needs improvement?

From what we know and have seen, I do not think that Fudo PAM has to add much of anything to meet user needs. The ease-of-use for setting up session management and password management could be enhanced because they are really important for our customers and other users. The easier it is for them, the better.

The initial setup and installation was a little buggy and took longer than expected. This part of the solution should be improved.

We have not really been using Fudo PAM (Privileged Access Management) for a long time. Our experience with it is really just a one-off implementation for a client who needed us to use the solution in our project with them.

To tell you the truth, I find that Fudo is not very stable and we had some issues during the implementation. It is working now, but it was not stable to start with and the implementation process should have been easier.

From what we know of the product it is scalable. The clients that we serve want to have a scalable solution and this is one of the claims of the vendor.

We are involved in working with some other security products in the antivirus and ESET (Essential Security against Evolving Threats) categories like Kaspersky DLC (Data Link Control) and EDR (Enhanced Data Detection and Response). We just want to be able to offer a variety of solutions to our customers and good information on products such as Fudo PAM. If we just provide Fudo PAM for our customers, the customers will want to know how other products compare and maybe which ones are better than the others. We have to study the range of products to know those answers.

I think it is really important that the duration of implementation is short. This is especially true when you are doing the installations for a client. It does not matter which products we are talking about — whether it is Fudo or WALLIX — customers will want to have it deployed in a short amount of time. The time it takes for the implementation is really important. Customers want to implement and scale their PAM solution in a short time. This aspect of Fudo could be improved.

One of our customers wanted to know about WALLIX and how it compared to Fudo. They needed to know the differences between them. We just want to get more familiar with these two products and be aware of the features and advantages so we had to study them.

What other advice do I have?

Right now we are encouraging our customers to use Fudo PAM because it is the only product in PAM technology that we have to offer them. Because we have looked into it, we are convinced that Fudo PAM is better than WALLIX. Living in Iran and providing security products is really the core of a business such as ours.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Fudo PAM as an eight-out-of-ten. It gets and eight because, from my research, I think there are some ways that WALLIX is better than the Fudo. So in that way, Fudo has places where it can improve. We are judging that by our technical research, so I am not sure about it first hand as we have not actually used WALLIX.

More Fudo PAM reviews from users