Fugue Review

Easy to use and consume, stable with excellent customization

What is our primary use case?

We use Fugue to gain better visibility. It enhances the ability of Kubernetes operational management within the Azure platform. We use it to extend, monitor, and operationally manage the capabilities of Kubernetes' workloads.

How has it helped my organization?

Gain visibility and fine-grained monitoring capabilities for complex Kubernetes environment

What is most valuable?

Fugue provides core capabilities that enable visualization, discovery, and compliance automation.

These Fugue capabilities are delivered as software as service and were easy to consume.

Combined with Slalom’s advisory, solution integration, and cybersecurity services, Fugue was straightforward to implement and deploy.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if there was customization with a focus on specific cybersecurity areas or capabilities. Fugue is cybersecurity, an operational monitoring solution, which has a broad set of capabilities. However, one needs to have substantial know-how in the cybersecurity domain to be able to identify and zero in on specific Fugue capabilities that may be relevant to a particular project or workstream pursuit.

Being a system integrator, for us, it isn't an issue. For a client that is new to Fugue or relatively new to cybersecurity, it would be quite challenging to zero in on a specific sweet spot or capability.

I've been using the solution for about eight months to a year at this point. We have multiple teams in our organization that use the solution for various periods of time.

We've been impressed with the stability fo the solution. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not glitchy. It's reliable.

The scalability is excellent and hasn't let us down. If a company needs to expand the solution, they can do so with relative ease.

Currently, in our organization, about 100 people actively use it.

The solution's technical support is quite good. We have a model of Alliance partnerships. We have well defined and well-orchestrated working relationship with Fugue, being a system integrator and partner. It works well.

we use Fugue and Alcide to extend and augment existing 'native features' of azure

The solution's initial setup wasn't complex at all. It was pretty straightforward.

We're an integrator and reseller. We handle implementations for clients.

I'm unsure of the costs associated with the solution.

We used Fugue in combination with Alcide.io

What other advice do I have?

We're a Fugue partner.

In terms of which version we are using, I would have to say that it was the latest one that we worked with. The exact number version escapes me. I would have to go back and check.

The solution was specifically deployed to assist with cloud management of Azure in a specific case, however, we are using it across all of the cloud supply platforms including Google Cloud and AWS.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It works well, however, a user needs to be fairly knowledgable in cybersecurity in order to get the most use out of it.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about Fugue, Micro Focus, CloudCheckr and others in Cloud Management. Updated: April 2021.
476,483 professionals have used our research since 2012.