Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series Review

Stable, easy to set up, and has two processors

What is our primary use case?

We use it for High Performance Computing (HPC).

What is most valuable?

Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series has two processors.

What needs improvement?

It can have more automation. In addition, Fujitsu should have a broader portfolio, not specifically in terms of the service solutions, but more in terms of the big picture. A broader portfolio would be nice for providing different solutions for the customers.

We have been selling Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series for three to four years. We have been selling Fujitsu products for ten years.

It is stable.

If you need more services, you have to buy another box. We have three different installations of Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series. One of them is quite a big one with a lot of services. The other two are much smaller. One of the installations is a special center. They have ten users who are using this solution. They do a lot of calculations and make simulations.

We are a specialist in Fujitsu products. We are the first line of support and maybe also the second line of support. We contact Fujitsu only for a few cases. It happens quite rarely.

It was quite easy. You just need two people to deploy it.

There are special licenses that are connected to the usage. We installed Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series for a high PC solution, and for this reason, some Microsoft licenses and other special licenses were embedded or bundled to the Fujitsu solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Fujitsu Primergy BX400 Series an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.