G Suite Enterprise Review

Makes it a whole lot easier to virtually have everybody in one room at the same time

What is our primary use case?

We use it as our main email system, so everybody is on that email as a platform. We use it for collaboration, using their tools for Google Meet or Google Hangouts. We use it for their tools that are similar to office tools. They have a spreadsheet, they have what you would see in Office, and they have similar tools to that. I'm able to do a Word documentation or editor, and spreadsheets. We use it for meetings, so it is our counterpoint to an office type of thing.

How has it helped my organization?

It's certainly easier to meet. We have offices around the world and the ability to have a company meeting on Google Meet platform makes it a whole lot easier to actually have everybody virtually in one room at the same time.

What is most valuable?

The email and the meeting piece of it for the collaboration tools are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Their tool called Sheets is the counterpart to Excel but it doesn't have the same functionality that Excel would have. So usually if somebody needs to go back to Excel or Office, it's because of Excel.

They should incorporate some of the formulas, the ability to pivot tables. For our finance team, anything that requires higher cap calculation or data analytics isn't as good in Sheets as it is in their counterpart tools.

My company has used G Suite for over four years.

It's stable, lots of people use it. It works well for what we use it for.

We've just signed a contract to use it for the next three years, so we know we're going to use it for that length of time, even as the company continues to grow.

We probably have about 600 users and they vary roles between our executive users, the different departments, HR, finance, sales, marketing, and customer service. We use that same tool in our print facility. So we have fewer technical people that do manufacturing operations on the shop floor.

We plan to increase usage in headcount. I don't know that they offer something that we don't use. They sell add ons or third party products and we use some of them, but it's just continued use as we expand people.

Their technical support is good. When we have a question, they're pretty quick when answering.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It's about $8.30 up a user per month. If you want to do archiving, things of that nature, there're additional costs for storage, if you upgrade particular users. So some users may have more storage and there are additional licensing costs for that. It depends on how much more they go beyond normal storage.

What other advice do I have?

If you need basic functionality in a very mobile or dispersed workforce, it works great. When we didn't use Enterprise, it became time-consuming and complicated to manage. Sometimes you step up a tier just to be able to manage it more effectively.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I think it's a good, solid product for basic functionality. It's easy to roll out, it's easy to use in a very distributed workforce until you get to the level where you need very specific things, it's great. Once you get to that, I need some specific functionality like in Excel, it doesn't offer that kind of advanced feature set. So it's the only reason it wouldn't go higher and also because of some of the complications. But it doesn't have an advanced feature set.

More G Suite Enterprise reviews from users