G Suite Enterprise Review

Ability to co-edit and collaborate is a time saver; tool sharing within the one facility is lacking

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is collaboration but we also use it for email and the calendar. We deal with medium and large size companies. We're partners with G Suite and I'm an IT cloud manager.

How has it helped my organization?

G Suite has saved the company a lot of time. There's no longer any need to download files, everything can be edited online.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features of this solution include content co-editing, content collaboration, email searching, and calendar sharing.

What needs improvement?

I would ideally like to see a common space in the product where all the tools are shared within the same facility, something similar to Microsoft Teams, where all solutions are provided in one site. That would be a major improvement and an additional feature that would improve the product.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is good and it permits collaboration, but I think in the last couple of years it hasn't been as good as the Microsoft solution.

This is a super scalable solution. When you grow, it grows with you. We have almost 3,000 users in our company.

I've had good experience with technical support.

We didn't previously use anything else. The migration to G Suite came from the move from on-premises to cloud, from Lotus Notes to G Suite.

The initial setup of this product is very straightforward. Deployment time depends on the number of users because the administration is different if you're implementing for a large company. We have implemented in our own company as well as for our customers. It took three months to have it perfectly fine-tuned for our company including the migration from Lotus Notes. We are integrators so we did it ourselves. We used four people to assist and they now deal with maintenance if it's required. We have IT engineers, two administrators and two other IT engineers and consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend any company carry out a good profiling of the people who are going to be migrated to the solution, and to implement a good change management adoption in order to have everyone on board. If you do this you have satisfied users and they are the ones who are going to rely on the tool and get all the advantages the tool provides.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Google