G Suite Enterprise Review

Good email service, however, no technical support and needs to be more automated

What is our primary use case?

I use it for various aspects of my business (scheduling/calendar, email, etc.).

What is most valuable?

The two best aspects of the solution for me are the calendar and the email (Gmail).

In terms of email, I could probably do the same things with other programs, however, I find 90% of my usage is Gmail.

What needs improvement?

If I were to think about what could be improved for G Suite for business, if you're talking about automated processes or that kind of functionality, that would be great. If there were pre-programmable items, I think that would be very helpful for me. For instance, there's a lot of steps that I take to line up an agreement. I get a signed agreement, I scan it, it goes onto my computer (which is OneDrive), and then I need to open my email and email my administrator.

That's a pretty repetitive task. If it is easier to create automated-type items or templated forms, that would be fantastic.

The solution is not user-friendly and it doesn't integrate that well with Microsoft Office, which is one of the bigger business apps on the market, compared to Google Sheets and applications of that sort.

There needs to be more intuitive support on offer. I want to integrate more features into my business to get more use out of the solution without having to take hours and hours of time that I just don't have. How to integrate what and where requires research. I don't want to research how to work the solution. I want it to be clear about what it is I can build out and how to do it quickly.

If there was a better way to integrate the solution into all of my other devices, like my phone, I'd be happier with it. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 device. If there was a way for all of this to be vertically integrated with Chat, Hangouts, and all the different items associated with the solution, where it would be in one place rather than all over, that would probably make it easier, and make it feel more integrated.

I also do not like how Google tracks every email I send.

With Google, I used to have to log in and pull it up and do everything on a webpage. I just find it much easier to work right off the desktop rather than on a web page, which is why I prefer the Microsoft Office suite.

In terms of using the solution personally for my business, I have been using it for three years.

I've found the stability to be not that great. The reason is that I've had opportunities early on where, instead of using OneDrive and my Microsoft account, I was going to move everything over to my Google Drive, but I got to a place where it would start blinking and flash, and I couldn't pull a document. I couldn't access my G Drive. It was just acting weird. For a while, it would freeze up and it wouldn't do anything.

I haven't had the issue lately. It was a problem which led me to stay with Microsoft. Right now I'm using Microsoft Outlook as my primary platform when I'm sitting at my desktop. It also seems to syncs with Google.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of scaling the solution because I haven't really tried to scale it that much.

I've got an admin person that does a little bit for me, however, I mostly just use the email functionality.

My main thing that I do is sales and marketing. I'm not an IT guy, and I don't want to be an IT guy. If I have to go in and I have to figure it out for myself, then I'm not going to take that time to do it. I'll continue doing what I'm doing, which is to focus on revenue-generating activities. G Suite does not make it easy for a one-person business to go in and figure this stuff out and make it easy.

I do not find their support to be very useful.

They try to send you to a tutorial of some sort and these tutorials are not that intuitive for what I would call a lay person like me. There is no real service where you can get on the phone with an individual to walk you through it. It's pretty much self-discovery.

I don't have time to do that. If I have a problem, I need to solve it now and the way they have their support set up, what should take five minutes takes two hours because it takes an hour and 55 minutes to find what you need and it takes five minutes to fix it.

I went into G Suite, and signed up. I got a little help from my web developer, but I pretty much, I did it myself.

Once you are signed up, the one thing I don't like about Google is if you try to find any information, it is not really laid out that well. I've had some problems and I have spent hours trying to get it fixed. And when I finally find the answer, it's like, well, that wasn't that difficult, but it's really not easy to find stuff on Google. And I find their support to be lacking.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer.

I'm not sure of the version I'm currently using. I just use the business G Suite. I believe it's always the latest version that's available.

The only thing I use in G Suite is Gmail, Drive and the Calendar and that's about it. I'm not really using Google Ads. I do a little bit of YouTube stuff, but I'm fixing to convert that into putting the videos on my website. I just recently also used Google Voice.

In terms of advice to other companies, I'd caution that it's very difficult to use effectively. Users need to really make sure they're going to have to be able to vertically integrate it. If you're using Microsoft Office and Google together, you might want to just consider how to stay within the Microsoft Office platform. If you're going to use Google, you need to consider how you integrate that entirely inside your business.

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

There's a lot of opportunity in Google, however, their biggest two problems are that they don't do a very good job of protecting the privacy of the individual that's using G Suite, and it needs to be more intuitive and easier to implement.

More G Suite Enterprise reviews from users