G Suite Enterprise Review

In constant use for office related work and collaborative meetings; very secure and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We have a team of eight people and everyone is using G Suite whether for collaboration, storing files, Google Word, or using Sheets to Slides, it's all on G Suite. 99.95% of our work revolves around it. It's mainly for office related work and collaborations, that's our primary use case. We're a customer of G Suite and I'm the founder and M.D. of our company.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us a lot of working together on single artifacts. Since we are in consulting there are lot of documents we build so now we don't have to send documents, we work on the same document with a lot better version control.

Google meet has helped us a lot as well, we do all our customer / internal meetings over google meet. Majority of our workforce is either onsite or working remotely.

What is most valuable?

This product is quite secure in that I can choose the people whom I want to share with, and it's not automatically available to everyone. It's also very user friendly. We started using Gmail and other Google applications almost 12 years ago, so it was quite easy for us to blend in the entire collaboration suite. They're the two major reasons we chose to use Google Suite.

What needs improvement?

There are quite a few things missing in G Suite. It can create a barrier to some features so that for a particular presentation we might have to move to Microsoft PowerPoint for a presentation. Also, some years ago, the Google Sites were very customizable but now they've become a bit compact, and we don't have the same number of plugins and customizations available. Those are two issues we face.

For additional features, we currently face a problem with the lack of a remote desktop option. It means that if we're collaborating, I cannot access your desktop the way it can be done with Skype or Microsoft Teams. It's a feature that's used regularly and that's important to all of us and should be something they include in the next release.

We've been using this solution for the past two years.

This is a stable solution. The only issues are when moving to a new framework, there can be hiccups but we haven't had any outages.

Anna: Okay, perfect. And if we're talking about scalability, have you tried to scale it?

In our own organization we've implemented for 10 people but we have implemented to 100 in other companies. The scalability really doesn't have a limit. So, if you go for the G Suite, it's a highly scalable solution. I know companies with 400 employees that are using G Suite without a problem.

I've contacted technical support once in the last 2 year because of a misconfiguration on our side, and they were able to sort it out. Unfortunately, in India there's no direct support network, so we have to raise a request over email or in the portal and they connect us to Malaysia or somewhere.

If you follow the implementation process step by step, there is almost no chance that you will run into a problem. We are an IT service and solutions company and we did the configuration ourselves without using any external party and it was very simple and intuitive. You just follow the instructions step by step. Deployment takes maybe an hour and it doesn't change, whether you have 10 users or 400 users. There is no maintenance required for this solution.

I believe we pay approximately 2500 Rupees monthly for our users. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

Individuals need to explore the options based on their business needs. G Suite has building forms, online forms, reports, everything like that. It's just a matter of exploring it and understanding your requirements.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10. It still requirements some improvements in order to catch up to Microsoft.

Google