G Suite Enterprise Review
Google Apps for Business: Useful for When Your business is Already Running

What is our primary use case?

The use case is a small business in the process of developing a content strategy for a website. A common user that is me already has a Google account, searched online for Google Apps for Business, and then decided to take advantage of the variety of resources available for the G Suite.

How has it helped my organization?

I have no nonprofit organization, so it has not improved anything. However, the extra space in Drive is a potential improvement in user experience because most of the people in our organization are using either a Dropbox or Drive space.

What is most valuable?

Since my goal was to extend my analysis, I found the additional Drive and Gmail storage to be very valuable. Next is the interroperability with Microsoft Outlook, which is a feature also used with Hotmail. I figured the 24/7 phone and email support was a must, too for a new business/startup.

What needs improvement?

The Outlook integration or plug-in for current outlook clients is a huge area for improvement. Calendar, contact, all that can be synched needs to be managed too.

Less than one year.

No, not really. But it was rather extra work to configure the IMAP or POP on a smartphone.

Customer Service: I would say that the customer service responded. There was a really fast email response and there were links to educational materials in relation to deployment. Technical Support: Prompt and fixed.

No, I did not use a different solution.

The initial setup is complex. It involved browsing, knowledge of IMAP and POP, and the two-step verification was in place, and then I had to consult with the smartphone provider before I access the Google Apps for Business.

I did not implement through a vendor team.

I wanted to see if it would help make better use of my Google+ pages for business. I wanted everything to appear seamlessly, and effortlessly painless.

The average day-to-day cost is a little bit extra storage capacity for the browsing on my smartphone, which I normally don't use for the specific tasks.

I looked at cloud.google.com, and then I also took another look at blog hosting that provides email and website hosting.

What other advice do I have?

I think the on-boarding could be made more efficient, but that doesn't mean more time.

1 Comment