Gamatronic Mega Power+ Review

We appreciate the architecture of the modular approach. Investment in parts inventory is low based on common use of the UPS modules.

What is most valuable?

As a service provider and integrator of UPS systems, we appreciate the architecture of the Gamatronic modular approach. Investment in parts inventory is low based on common use of the UPS modules. Support has been great from the manufacturer. Our customers are very happy and appreciate modular redundancy for a reasonable cost and UPS size.

How has it helped my organization?

Gamatronic allows Tru-Power to provide support and services on their equipment independently, which is critical when time is of the essence. We are able to support our customers that utilize Gamatronic UPS systems more effectively since we have UPS modules and components in stock. We have leveraged their product to win many opportunities over other UPS brands.

What needs improvement?

I have not really come up with much to improve. I expect that the company will further engineer future systems with more features and sizes.

Tru-Power has been integrating and servicing Gamatronic UPS systems for close to 10 years. We have them installed in hospitals, data centers, 911 emergency operations centers, educational, as well as many other vertical markets.

These systems are easy to install based on their footprint. Not every installation goes as planned, but this product really excels for the sub-200 kva UPS market. Their flexible configuration options make it easy to address specific needs economically.

Units have proven to be reliable with acceptable failure rates compared to other UPS manufacturers, likely better...

Scalability is where this product shines, especially compared to traditional non-modular approaches.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent. They get back to us almost immediately and, at worse, the same day.

We integrate and work on many other UPS manufacturers. We lead in with Gamatronic for the sub-200 kva market.

Installation is pretty straightforward, but requires a contractor with some knowledge of UPS systems, as they all do.

Not applicable: We integrate our solutions.

We have compared Gamatornic with APC and Eaton. The architecture of the Gamatronic is more solid. As an example, the control module can fail and even be removed without impacting the UPS operation and sharing of the load by different UPS modules. Other solutions fail if the controller fails or is removed.

What other advice do I have?

Gamatronic should not be dismissed because they are not as well known as others. I have found that smaller, more nimble companies like Gamatronic are way ahead of the established companies in product design and capabilities. They are also more responsive and easier to deal with.