Global Data Excellence DEMS Review

All-in-one solution for data governance, data quality, business transformation, and business excellence

What is our primary use case?

We have different use cases. We have been working with some banks where we are optimizing the loan process and compliance. We are also working with other banks for an equivalent of the California act, GDPR, or data protection regulation.

We are also working with some insurance companies to align the compliance and regulations needed for their insurance policies and fasten the time to reimburse the customers in case of an accident or other similar things. It is a pretty unique tool. It really doesn't have a specific area of interest, but as long as you can define your correct governance approach, you can have any approach you want. We are using the latest version of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a 20% decrease in costs and an approximately 30% increase in production. We have around 40% to 50% less bureaucratic policy for middle management. These are some of the key benefits that we encounter.

What is most valuable?

It is not only a software solution. It is also based on a direct policy. You get a methodology for data governance and the solution that supports this methodology, which makes things much easier. In addition, this is the only solution right now in the market that has an approach directly directed to the value. By value, I am referring to a tangible value raising money. It has an aspect that is called governed by value. We only focus on the data that is actually bringing a monetary value to your organization or your business process.

It is so much simpler working around this system. It has a lot of intelligence embedded in it, and it does a lot of things automatically. It just hooks on to your virtual databases, and you are ready to go in hours.

It is an all-in-one solution in which you get data governance, data quality, business transformation, and business excellence.

What needs improvement?

Its interface could be simpler. Sometimes, you need to go through many clicks in order to find something in the software. You need to move from one thing to another to find something.

I have been using Global Data Excellence DEMS for the past year.

It is perfect. I have never had any problems with it. It is perfectly stable, and the interface is great. We've done a number of transactions with no problem.

It is completely scalable and very easy to manage. My organization is pretty small.
We have five datastores really working on the solution and setting up the business tool. We have around ten users or consultants.

Their technical support is perfect. I would rate their technical support an eight out of ten. Our staff and distributors receive lots of training, and we are also training our clients. We only require support for minor or specific problems.

The only problem that we have is the time difference. We are in South America, which has a seven-hour time difference with Switzerland, which makes it a little bit difficult to get support when needed.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. There was no problem. It is very simple. The deployment can be done in a matter of days because it doesn't focus on all your data. You have to start with the question about what are your business objectives, and you work from a top-down approach. Therefore, it is much easier.

It is not like a traditional IP project for data governance or data quality, where you have to gather all the data and start running and processing it. When you start working with your business rules and objectives, you can have the results in 15 days.

This is the only company that I've worked with that has a very good way of thinking and placing itself in the buyer's shoes. They offer a pretty competitive price. They understand that the market is different in our economy for different clients, which makes it easier to get the products into the market. If needed, they are pretty open to adjusting the price on the case-by-case scenario.

They understand the Latin American market. This is something that has been impossible with other companies or data governance care providers. The prices were much higher for these companies, and they don't understand our economy and market. There are a lot of local taxes that we pay locally to get any solution down here. To give you an idea, there is more or less a 60% increase in the price of any product that comes to Ecuador.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anybody interested in data governance. I would tell them to take a look at this solution because if they want to get fast and tangible results, this is the only way to go. It is a pretty unique solution that gives you the ability to have dynamic data governance.

In the current situation where we are facing a global pandemic, our business objectives are changing, and with these, compliance rules are changing. We're facing a new reality that we're not accustomed to. With different objectives, you need different data. Global Data Excellence DEMS makes everything much easier to meet your objective. You start talking with your data in a very easy way. It allows you to align your business objectives with your data. You get your data strategy and business strategy aligned to get results.

Its market size is currently pretty small as compared to other solutions such as Collibra or IDN, which becomes an issue for us as resellers while introducing this product to our customers.

We have already done a demo of what is coming, and it is going to be even better. We are really just hoping to see it implemented. We are confident that it is going to be the best in this class.

I would rate Global Data Excellence DEMS a ten out of ten. It is the best solution that I have ever used.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)