GoCD Review
We have a completely automated product delivery process but it needs better statistic and report options.​

Valuable Features

The Pipeline concept, Fan-in Fan-out, and Compare build are the most valuable to me.

Improvements to My Organization

We used to run our complex build process on TFS build and release manager, but its complicated license issue restricted us to roll it out to every team, and we always found a limited configuration for it to work as expected. After we switched to GO, each team can set-up their own delivery pipeline and run it themselves. Now, we have a completely automated product delivery process.

Room for Improvement

GO statistic and report options.

Use of Solution

6 months.

No major issues.

So far so good.

No, we don't have any problem scaling our GO implementation from either infrastructure or team points of view.

Haven't had a need to call them.

Good documentation but not much community support compare to other CI/ CD tools

I used TFS build, Jenkins and TeamCity previously. We switched to GO because the pipeline concept promoted by GO is a good match with our process.

It's pretty easy, I got it done without any problems.

Implementation Team

In-house, and all our developers take part in keeping their GO server running.

ROI

GO is open source, our initial cost is zero but it comes with a bit of learning curve so if your delivery process isn't that complex, I think other tools might give you better ROI.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Zero initial cost, and we host them on Azure, 8-9 VMs, at approximately $14 per day.

Other Solutions Considered

Go was our winner when evaluated, along with Jenkins, TFS build, Atlassian Bamboo and Team City.

Other Advice

GO doesn't come with a lot of out of the box features like other tools, don't expect that you can get it to work by clicking the NEXT button.

1 visitor found this review helpful