Google Analytics Review

Dashboards allow us to get a big picture look at pageviews, countries visiting my site, and UTM tracking. It would be nice, though, if it could provide all the statistics in the free version.

What is most valuable?

I like to create dashboards to get a big picture look at pageviews, countries visiting my site, and UTM tracking (where we use links and place code to track if these links are clicked).

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to introduce new features based on statistics. For example, if we see that people from Mexico are using a certain feature more than others, we can "geotarget" users in Mexico and push the feature and supporting features.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if Google Analytics provided all statistics, rather than a segment of the statistics. The paid version has this, but the free version is limited to a segment of users.

I've been using it for 10 years.

I previously used WebTrends, but Google Analytics was more appealing because it was easy to setup, and it was available online for free.

The initial setup is easy - you just have to copy and paste a few lines of code to get it up and running.

More Google Analytics reviews from users