Google Analytics Review

It provides us with custom reports and analytics that allow us to identify and measure our conversion efforts, but we had to create a custom script for archiving reports.

Valuable Features:

Goals and Events Tracking

URL tracking

Custom Reports

Improvements to My Organization:

Every online business needs to know where traffic is coming from and what it does when it gets to you. Analytics allowed us to identify user segments, top performing content and measure the effectiveness of our conversion efforts with ease. Regular reporting allows us to better understand how we are succeeding and why.

Room for Improvement:

One area that Analytics falls short is in creating a report archive. While you can always run a report for anything you want, and even create an autorun trigger, having an accessible archive of performance is lacking.

To remedy this we had to look to use a custom script on Google Sheets that pulls our Analytics data into a daily report. By doing this we have an archive of data that updates regularly - it's not perfect but it works.