Google BigTable Review

Extremely scalable, quite stable and easy to deploy

What is most valuable?

There isn't any one specific aspect or feature of the solution that we find the most valuable. It is just easy to deploy and offers a lot of data. We are partially looking into putting it together with Data Studio. In general, it's the amount of data the solution offers that's a big selling point for us.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution needs to be improved.

At the moment, we are just on the border between a more traditional environment and Bigtable. In some ways, it's easier and cheaper to have the query on the other side as well as the know-how of the more traditional database and an environment such as it is. However, we haven't used the solution that long. We're still in the learning phase. In a year from now I would imagine we'd have a lot more to say about the solution.

We've been using the solution for approximately one year now.

The solution is very stable. From that perspective, we've had no issues to speak of. We've never experienced bugs or glitches. We haven't had crashes. It works well and as expected 100% of the time.

This solution is much more scalable than more traditional databases - at least the ones we are aware of. However, we are on the border of this system and another, so we have not scaled too broadly in the short time we've used the solution.

We have a couple of users on the solution. There aren't too many. Most are just using things like dashboards. We haven't gotten too far into delving into the solution yet.

The solution was quite easy to set up, as it's basically already on the cloud. We didn't have trouble with the deployment process at all.

In my opinion, the pricing on the solution is a bit high.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a user of the product. We don't have a relationship with Google. We're currently using the latest version. We just request it on the Google environment when we need to use it.

At this point, after a year of using the solution, I'd rate it eight out of ten. We still have a lot to learn about it, so it's difficult to really give it full marks or to say we aren't happy with it.

Right now, because of where our company is in terms of size and needs, I would say it's better for us to have Bitware.

Google