Google Cloud Identity Review

Good manageability and easy to scale but needs more automation

What is most valuable?

The main control page and the ability to manage all our users from a web-based portal are the most valuable aspects of the solution. That's particularly useful because we're a heterogeneous network.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to better integrate with Mac's OS.

The solution should offer a bit more automation.

We primarily use the solution to allow for a single sign-on.

The stability of the solution seems to be fine, with most of the outstanding stability problems now solved.

Scalability has been fine. We can easily scale up or down as we need to. We're at our maximum usage right now so we don't plan to increase it.

Google's technical support has been good. They're courteous, professional and quick. They don't know all the answers, however, so at times it may take a while to get a result.

We did use a different solution, but I don't recall the name. We switched because the whole of our company structure went from Microsoft to Google.

The initial setup was quite complex, mostly because we have 32,000 users worldwide. Deployment took us about two years.

We used consultants to assist with the implementation.

We probably spend about $50,000 a year on licensing.

We mainly evaluated Microsoft Office before ultimately moving to Google.

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the solution for five years.

I'd suggest others to use it but caution them that it does take a while. However, it's worth it if they just bear with it.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Google Cloud Identity reviews from users