Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Review

It is totally awesome in terms of scalability and comes with a lot of features

What is our primary use case?

I work in a retail company. We have a physical data center where we use IBM servers. We want to get rid of them because every time we have a peak season, we have to add the infrastructure and then remove it when it is not the peak time. This process of adding the servers, taking notes, and bringing them down requires a lot of operational effort. There is a lot of manual intervention for adding the resources and configuring the servers, which is a lot of work for the company. That's why we are migrating all our applications.

Google Cloud will help us in getting the additional assistance just by clicking a button. We basically want to automate instead of doing manual interventions. It is an organizational initiative to move to Google Cloud. At least five to ten teams are involved based on each application and around a hundred people are involved.

What is most valuable?

It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has.

What needs improvement?

We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that.

They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good.

I have been using this solution for one a half years.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is really good.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We get support from Google. There are some Google engineers who visit us on-site, and based on our problem statement, they are able to suggest different approaches and solutions.

Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud