Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Review

Runs our server production and the hardware doesn't need maintenance

What is our primary use case?

We use it for software social media analytics. That software can call social media like Facebook, Instagram, and news online media. We call them and put them in the container. And then we analyze the data and display it on the dashboard. We use the GCP to run our server production.

What is most valuable?

We only use what we need to put in the application to create a server. We do not need to maintain the hardware.

What needs improvement?

I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware. We focus on our business for the maintenance and infrastructure to develop the software.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We use it to up the server like the compute engine. For the compute engine, we just put the CPU with what I need, and then storage capacity what I need, and then just click, and it runs. We don't use it yet to have integration with other platforms or systems.

We don't get any bugs in the software.

We do have plans to increase usage when our client base increases, we will increase the capacity, like the storage and the compute. Maybe in a year or two.

We used to contact support to handle our problems at the beginning of our implementation. We're not so experienced with the system so we need their guidance. We are satisfied with the support. We have to pay to use technical support. There are a lot of charges. We open the ticket and then have to pay for it. It shouldn't be like that. We use the infrastructure and then we pay. We just input them for the system, we do not have to pay again.

The setup is of medium complexity. It is not too difficult, it is medium level to operate GCP.

It took only two days to set up the server. The server itself took three hours. Three hours to set up the server and then the deployment. We built the system over a long time. But to deploy we set the infrastructure like the server, firewall, in the GCP. It took five hours to deploy.

We deployed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend GCP. We will focus to develop our system, our product, and it's a matter of whether or not the infrastructure can handle GCP.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see a machine learning system.