Google Cloud Review

Stable with a good user experience and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for a couple of small development environments.

What is most valuable?

The solution is just simple and easy for me to configure. It's very easy to work with and navigate through. The user experience is very good. Overall, it's very easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The solution has been good overall. I can't recall having any features missing.

The solution could be less expensive.

It may be helpful to go through some training in order to get comfortable with the product.

The user interface could be a bit better. I've done a few deployments following the tutorial, and afterward, I'm not quite sure what exactly I've done. I just follow the instructions and just finish the command prompt and then it looks like it's working - but why, and how? I'm not quite sure. I want to understand fundamentally what I've done. If there were more documentation and training, it would be very helpful in explaining the underlying processes.

I've been using the solution for three or four years at this point.

My usage is quite limited, and therefore, I haven't experienced many problems at the moment. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

It's my understanding that the solution can scale, however, I haven't explored this aspect yet.

Mainly, it's just me on the solution. There isn't much of a team surrounding it. I do have a couple of other teams outsourcing ideas, however.

I haven't needed to reach out to technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are to inquiries.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. It's not complex at all. A company shouldn't have any issues with the initial setup.

The deployment was very fast and only maybe took an hour.

The pricing is okay, however, it could always be cheaper, which is always better.

There isn't too much difference in price when comparing it to what else is on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Google partner.

Overall, the solution has been pretty good and I don't really have any complaints to discuss.

In general, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at a nine.

More Google Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Learn what your peers think about Google Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.