Google Cloud Storage Review

Provides great security and a good interface that works well with other applications

What is our primary use case?

I'm a manager in an Indian-based company and we are customers of Google.

What is most valuable?

In the two years I've been using this solution, I haven't had a single minute of downtime. That is what's fantastic about the cloud. I know the product is very secure since there was an attempt at a cyber attack some months ago, and the attackers could not penetrate into the Google Cloud. They might be able to attack some on-prem applications but not these applications. From an availability perspective it's fantastic; from a security perspective it's fantastic. I like the interface, it works well with other applications.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements can be made from a storage perspective and a cost perspective. We're currently working on the application modernization and I think that the integration section of Google and the cloud could be simplified. Integration across various applications isn't always successful.

We've been using this solution for over two years.

The scalability is fantastic. We've been able to scale up and down as necessary. We have close to 450 users. I think we will probably extend it. Since the attempted attack, management is now of the opinion that it's best to migrate all the on-prem applications to cloud.

I am satisfied with the technical support. We are in contact with Google's account manager in India and that works well.

The initial setup was complex and the team struggled for a couple of weeks. That was two years ago and things have changed a lot since then. Initially we took on service from the supplier but now we have expert consultants who can manage anything on cloud.

We evaluated everything; AWS, Azure and Google. For various reasons, we settled on Google.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Google
More Google Cloud Storage reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Dropbox
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Huawei, Zoolz and others in Cloud Storage. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.