Google Cloud Storage Review

Good price, stable, scalable, and allows us to work offline

What is our primary use case?

We are using Google Cloud Storage mainly for our document management. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Its security should be better from the data security point of view. It should be more secure, and it should get tightly integrated with products such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. Microsoft covers different kinds of tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.

It is scalable. You can scale based on your users. We have more than a thousand users, and it allows me to share across my team.

We don't need any support.

We tried using other tools from AWS and Microsoft. We have a very limited number of users on Microsoft Azure. Office 365 is only for the senior leadership.

Being a cloud solution, it doesn't require installation. I can also use it offline. To use it offline, I need to install an app on my machine that allows me to work offline and gets synced without my server.

It is completely cloud-managed. We don't need a separate team to maintain it. We only have our regular IT team that creates the users, and they automatically get signed up to Google Storage.

Its price is fine.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Google Cloud Storage a nine out of ten.

Google
More Google Cloud Storage reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Dropbox
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Huawei, Zoolz and others in Cloud Storage. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.