Google Cloud Storage Review

Good features and performance and is really easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is that we are implementing a software for a insurance company, and everything is implemented and running on the Google Cloud Platform, like the database and the cloud engine.

How has it helped my organization?

When we first started using Google Cloud Storage, our developemnt team was not very experienced with any form of cloud, and I must say that it was really easy to adapt the way of working with the cloud and the flexibility that Google Cloud provides. So I can say that the solution meets our requirements.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the scalability and performance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the management or admin pages, because at times it is not easy to work with them. Also, I like an improvement in the IAM part of the Google Cloud . They need to get some parts of the program more mature, like the admin pages  as well as the monitoring part.

I've been using this solution for a year now.

The stability of the solution is impressive.

We have never experienced any problems with scaling or performance of the system. It is an internal application used by about 80 of our employees. We do plan to increase usage.

Their technical support is good and very professional.

I have worked with Amazon Web Service because it is easy to work on, but it all depends on the customer charge.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We did have some minor problems, but we got support from Google directly. We used Google's technical support team. Since then deployment has been an ongoing process with us.

We are solution partners for this vendor.

We did evaluate other options before choosing Google Cloud Storage, like Amazon Web Service and Microsoft Azure

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to do a good assessment of the solution related to IT communication with the Google Cloud. It can all be very confusing at first, so it is really important to work in collaboration with Google. After that is will be very easy to work on. I will rate this solution an eight out of ten.