Google Compute Engine Review

Completely customized virtual machines with low prices

What is our primary use case?

I used GCE as simple virtual machines to run applications such as sonar and logstash as I also used to create robust clusters to scale applications with kubernetes.

How has it helped my organization?

The GCE, with its versatility, allows us to create virtual machines for any situation. We can either put an application in production, or run software like Sonar to guarantee the quality of the code.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other IaaS providers, I believe that Google Compute Engine (GCE) stands out with the ability to customize the virtual machines. With other providers, these are pre-determined specifications. With this you can create machines specific to your application.

What needs improvement?

The GCE only has virtual machines with processors and video cards of the new generation in the North American region, the GCE has expanded in new areas, like Latin America, but it does not carry powerful hardware.

What other advice do I have?

If the focus is cost reduction, they can migrate to the GCE without the fear that it will not bring results. The migration is simple and fluid, and there is nothing complex about it.

1 visitor found this review helpful