Google Drive Enterprise Review

Extremely accessible, easy to use, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

I typically use Google Drive and some other tools that are included such as Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

I mostly use it for sharing documents at work. For example, in my team, we want to share all templates on the documents we need to create. We also share pictures that we might use for marketing. Personally, I save all the documents of my project as I work on them, sometimes from home, sometimes at work, and I need to access them from everywhere. I have some projects in some folders and I save all of my documents in my Google Drive.

I mainly use it for everything related to the saving and sharing of documentation.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing about Google Drive is that it's accessible from everywhere.

It's free if you use under 15 GBs, however, for me, that's enough.

Google has a lot of tools. They are really useful and they are really simple to use.

google docs is the most valuable feature for me.

What needs improvement?

In my job, we don't have any special challenges using Google Drive. We use it easily, however, we only use it personally and to share our documents.

We have never used, for example, Google Workspace and other products. In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult. It is a bit improved in the Workspace version, however, I have never tried it. That's one of our main challenges when it comes to using Google Drive - managing the files and access. For example, somebody could just access it to view it, or somebody could access for editing in both cases without permission, and that's our challenge right now.

Once you move off of the free version and go to the enterprise solution, it can get quite pricey.

I've been using the solution for more than a year at this point.

The solution is very stable. I've never had issues with it crashing or freezing. It works quite well.

The solution is quite scalable. You can use 15GBs for free, and after that, you can scale up.

In our organization, everybody uses it, and we're more than 50 people at this point.

In the future, we'll continue to use it and most likely increase usage.

I've never had to reach out to support due to the fact that everything is so stable. We haven't had any issues to speak of. Therefore, I can't speak to their knowledge or responsiveness.

There's no installation needed at all. You simply sign up and log on.

I simply use the free version of the solution. There's no cost at all in terms of licensing.

Once you move up to the enterprise level of the solution, when you have to pay, it's a bit pricey for us in my country.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using. I believe it is the latest.

For cloud computing and other things, I have never used Google Drive due to the fact that I don't do cloud computing.

One of the reasons that I use Google Drive is that I used Gmail for more than 10 years. Therefore, when I had to choose a cloud storage soulution, I selected Google Drive as I had experience with it and it was really easy to use and it was accessible all the time.

In the past, I have recommended the solution to others, and I will continue to do so. It's a good platform and has excellent tools for teaching and education in particular. I would recommend it, especially for education, and for teachers and students.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. For a free version of a product, it's great and does basically everything we need it to do.

More Google Drive Enterprise reviews from users