Google Drive Enterprise Review

The space feature is great and installation is quick and easy

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for personal files and file storage. So basically I use the solution as long-term storage for photos, documents, or media files that we used over the years.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the space feature that is used to store documents. I like it that I can store files to access whenever and wherever I want. I can access files on my laptop from anywhere. The other valuable feature is that the solution is fast and secure. The program runs seamlessly. I simply send my files to the cloud where they are stored, and I don't have to worry about losing my phone or laptop, I know exactly where they are. I don't have to use any other features in terms of sharing it, for instance.

What needs improvement?

I don't really see anything that needs to improve. I am not a very heavy user so I haven't had any issues with it. I think it does okay for the basics, for storing and saving files. Perhaps the security of files can be better.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for ten years now.

The program is very stable. I've never seen it crash.

I think Google is scalable by default. I know that from personal experience. I'm not a heavy user, so I think it's scalable.

There has never been need to contact their support team.

Yes, we did use a different solution, Google Cloud, so it was very similar software. I used Microsoft Drive as an alternative too. Google Drive is a great solution if you are on Gmail, so it's worth sticking with Gmail. Also, if you use an Android device that works with integration, the system runs seamlessly. Google Drive gives you a better storage amount in terms of it being your own storage unit and not others.

It is really easy to set it up on your personal laptop. But I am in government now, so we're not allowed to set up Google Drive. We're restricted and due to security measures Google Drive is not accessible in all areas.

I'm an IT technician so I was responsible for the installation and deployment, which took me only about two minutes.

The program is very affordable. I am just not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license. Will you lose all your data? That is still unclear to me.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. I think there is a lot of distrust when it comes to giving your data to Google. They're a commercially based company, so putting anything on Google Drive might not be hundred percent secure and how will I know for sure that nothing's going to happen to my file? You don't have the assurance, so it's always a security issue when giving your files to Google Drive to store. I don't think security is Google's first priority, although it is a flexible, good software. That's why I give it eight.

More Google Drive Enterprise reviews from users