Google Hangouts Review

Easy to use, integrates well, and the session recording is useful

What is our primary use case?

We use Google Hangouts for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are integration with the calendar and video conference equipment.

The ease of navigation is good, as we can easily share data and screens.

The session recording feature is useful.

What needs improvement?

There is a significant problem with performance when you have a poor connection. In these cases, it does not do a very good job of stopping the video automatically. The algorithm should be improved to automatically deal with poor connections in a better way.

In the future, we would like to have support for multiple speakers at the same time.

We would like to have a registry of attendance created automatically to show us who is in the session.

I have been using Google Hangouts for more than two years.

When you have somebody that is in a place with a poor connection, the performance is not as good. While this must be a problem with all of these products, I think that the algorithm should stop the video automatically when somebody has a poor connection.

We have been in contact with technical support, although not for the issue of boosting performance by compensating for a poor connection.

We have used Polycom and Skype. We found that Polycom is very good but it is very expensive and not for the masses. We found that Skype was very good as well, except that it doesn't integrate with your collaborative tools.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is not to try anything else if you are already using Google Suite as your collaborative tool in the company. Basically, if you are using G-Suite then you should be using Google Hangouts because it works.

More Google Hangouts reviews from users