Google Kubernetes Engine Review

Easy to control and manage containers at all levels and is easy to create CD

What is our primary use case?

Kubernetes Engine is a platform that spins off applications so they can be run at scale at a high level.

We are currently migrating from on-premises to the cloud version.

How has it helped my organization?

First of all, it's easier to control and manage the containers at all levels. It becomes easy to create CD, or continuous delivery, and it's easier to scale.

What is most valuable?

Kubernetes Engines is easy to deploy and manage.

What needs improvement?

There are some security issues, but it might just be because we are not up to speed yet as much as we should be and so we haven't found it in the documentation yet. That's why I don't want to confuse this. Still, it could be a little bit easier to understand and implement.

They could also probably improve their monitoring features. We mostly don't use the graphical display. We use command lines, so this isn't a big issue for us.

We've been using Google Kubernetes for about half a year.

For me, Kubernetes Engines was pretty stable.

This is a very scalable product. We are increasing our use because our customer has a lot of products and he wants to migrate out of the application to cloud. He will use Kubernetes to do this.

As I work with different customers, it was a customer decision. I have no choice. I used Amazon Container Services, ACS, before. It was not bad, but I like Kubernetes better.

The initial setup was very easy because it's like a Google platform as a service. It's just one button to set it up. The deployment took only a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

Management and deployment of a lot of containers could be very easy. It saves us time.

I think Kubernetes is really a fast developing and easy to use platform.

I would probably rate it as nine out of ten since it does have a little bit of room for improvement.