GoToMeeting Review

Works perfectly fine but I would like for there to be screen recording features

What is our primary use case?

We have used it at my previous employment to connect for our weekly meetings for all our branches and video conferencing meetings as well.

What needs improvement?

When we bought it, it worked perfectly fine for us. We didn't have any fancy features that we required. Currently, it runs the meeting well. We can hear and see the other side. We can share screens. So there are no issues. Some improvements that i would like to see in the future is if they can measure or capture latency in the conferencing sessions and probably a small graphical interface that shows the live status of stability or jitters in the link, to establish any issues, whether its a link or bandwidth issue. This feature will be very helpful for on-spot troubleshooting and ironing out important conferencing calls.

We have been using it since around 2017 December/January.

I have had no issues. Unless there have been ISP issues, apart from that we never had any issues. We used to connect with overseas vendors, partners, clients.

Apart from when we only had a link outage or anything to do with the link issue. But otherwise, GoToMeeting is an awesome product.

We don't have any issues whether you use it to browser, or use it as a client. It worked perfectly fine for us.

It is scalable. We only needed the licensing for two conferencing groups. So at one point in time, it's two groups who have a conference. We only got a license for a group of two, and then we had individual connectivity. It worked fine for us, no issues.

I don't remember ever contacting technical support. We probably did when we initially bought it. It was very simple to configure, nothing complicated about it. It's all online-based. We add all of the users and send them a link.

We also used Skype and TeamViewer. I think Skype was a slightly heavier application compared to GoToMeeting was much smoother.

I haven't used Skype for a long time. I wouldn't know if Skype has improved. It worked definitely fine for us. It did what it was supposed to do.

What other advice do I have?

GoToMeeting does simple video conferencing and has meetings set in two or three conferencing groups. Those types of meetings go perfectly fine. But if somebody is planning to intensively use it daily and their user requirement is a lot more than what I've experienced, I would suggest do a trial for a month or so and make the most out of it in order to see what the traffic is like and how it behaves in the network. Check to see if you have any issues in the chat.

I think it all depends on how stable your link is and how you traffic-shape your policies in your Firewall. I think that it also plays a major role in how other application works.

I would rate GoToMeeting a seven out of ten. Not a ten because there is always room for improvement.

In the next release, I would like for it to incorporate file transfers more efficiently from one computer to another when we covert things and send them out. I'm not sure if it's capable of that.

I would like it to be able to do screen recording. You can do a voice recording of the presentation but not sure if could do a screen recording. It would be helpful during or when conducting a training.

More GoToMeeting reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Webex
Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.