GoToMeeting Review

Enables us to organize meetings with customers and partners around the world

What is our primary use case?

I use it for organizing meetings with my customers and partners around the world. My intention is to organize webinars and training.

What is most valuable?

The key advantage of GoToMeeting is the ability to use it without installing anything.

What needs improvement?

The enrolment for a non-IT user should be easier. It should be simplified for non-IT users.

The software is stable but I think the performance is not the best on the market. I was in a meeting yesterday and it kept on freezing. I don't think it was due to the software. It was more due to the infrastructure of GoToMeeting. We missed some parts of the discussion during the meeting.

It's scalable. I've been to big meetings and it's quite scalable.

I haven't been in touch with technical support yet.

The initial setup was straightforward. It only took a few minutes to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone implementing this solution is to have a good camera and microphone.

I would recommend Zoom as opposed to GoToMeeting. Zoom has a new feature that offers the ability to change the background. You can hide what's behind your chair. It's useful to have the ability to change the background of your video. Zoom has the ability to change your background to whatever you want, even the view, and in GoToMeeting, you don't have that option at all.

It seems trivial but during meetings, some of my technicians don't want to turn on the camera because they don't want what's behind them to show.

I would rate GoToMeeting an eight out of ten.

10.8
More GoToMeeting reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Webex
Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.