GoToWebinar Review

Less disturbance, less jitter, and voice is always good even at a low bandwidth

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to connect with my clients, my new customers, and also for office meetings. It's for internal and external communications.

What is most valuable?

All of their features are good. They are more or less equivalent to the competition. There's less disturbance, less jitter, and the voice is always good even at a low bandwidth. That is what I think makes it a number one for me over the other competition. There are several others but they have issues if there are a large number of participants, then the front-end, the screen, is jittery and the voice breaks down. GoToWebinar is not like this.

What needs improvement?

Some of my friends also use GoToWebinar to collect clients for affiliate marketing. In those cases, they found some features were missing with respect to some of the competition. And the worst part is the price.

I have been using GoToWebinar for six months.

It is very stable.

I have not scaled so far. I believe, we just have to upgrade the license and pay the charges. I haven't had the need to scale my operation so far.

We use it on a regular basis, once or twice a week.

We haven't had a need to contact technical support at this point in time.

The initial setup was extremely easy and extremely straightforward. In fact, the first time they set it up, there is an icon at the bottom of the screen where if you click, there are three modes of training available:

• They give a training in person or rather online training. And you have to ask for a training time.
  • The second one is documentation
  • The third option is when you can have online training on our own. You can learn the features one by one. I just went through the third option and it was all okay. I mean, about 90% of the features I could do on the first try.

They've got three levels of licensing and it all depends on the number of participants and not the number of features. I believe the number of features is the same for all of the levels. It all depends on the number of participants, 250, 500, or 1000, that kind of.

What other advice do I have?

Login to GoToWebinar, register yourself, and start using it. You'll be up and ready, working within half an hour, 45 minutes, because you will have to read those how to configure it online. It can take a total of 30 to 35 minutes. It's a breeze.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. To make it a ten there are some facilities that other competitors have where they are able to gather customers automatically. Automation is there in the webinar. These small additions add up the value.

More GoToWebinar reviews from users
...who compared it with Adobe Connect
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Cisco, ReadyTalk and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.