GroundWork Review

It's easy to setup and the plugins are easy to write. When we need to, the threshold is easy to change.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have a centralized client-settings management. At the moment, the client settings have to be changed individually.

I've used it since 2011.

The deployment of the new server is easy; however, deploying an agent leaves much to be desired.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with scaling it for our needs.

Their support is OK.

We were previously using v5 and upgraded to v7 with help from support.

The initial setup was easy once we got the new GroundWork up, and imported the settings from the Nagios config files to a new server.

It was done in-house by me, but I had to call support on and off for different issues. It's kind of expensive for the kind of support, and we wish we used a different GUI since the base Nagios product is free.

We got 250 seats free as we're an educational institution. You need to negotiate up front for the pricing. We also got an additional 100 seats free during the last renewal, since the company was downsizing.