Ponsaulf 400x400

Gusto Review
I like the interface. I think the product offering could be a bit more enhanced.

Valuable Features:

I think the most value I have gotten from Gusto has been the interface, as it's very simple to use and it's very easy to understand. It's similar to any kind of consumer grade app like Square or Uber. Gusto customer service is pretty decent. Previously the services that I would use Gusto for would be ADP, which was a lot more complicated, harder to log into and not very easy to get support from.

Improvements to My Organization:

There is more transparency regarding selecting benefits, so we typically use Gusto for payroll and benefits. In that way it's together, so any kind of payroll deduction you make from your insurance scheme can be easily seen and there is no linking from your bank account into it or from other kinds of payroll services to Gusto. So that's very helpful.

Room for Improvement:

I think the product offering could be a little bit more enhanced. The Gusto scope of customers is typically for young companies which perhaps offer insurance so it helps with the kind of insurance platform, but it's a bit limiting for companies that are growing. So that's one area that I think could improve, and also if you have a payroll set up on a different system and you don't necessarily want to move it over to Gusto, that is an issue. The integration is not so good.

Stability Issues:

Generally it's pretty good. I would say the onboarding process to Gusto could be improved. Things like email verification, multiple login instances. If you are logged in on one tab and you are logged in on another tab it doesn't log you off on the other tab. So things like that could be a concern for people who require security because there is a lot of personal information that you put into Gusto so that could be an issue.

I would say the timeliness of customer support is okay. I would say that the timeliness of getting back to me right after I email them is good and the knowledge that they bring around. It took a few times for me to get the answer that I needed and that was because the person I contacted had to ask several other people first.

Other Solutions Considered:

The one product that we looked at was Zenefits. I think the Gusto offering was a bit more suited to a company bigger than ours. But Gusto worked for us because of the profile of our company. We have about 20 people, and we're all based in California. We hadn't set up a payroll before, as we went from zero to 20 pretty quickly and we needed a lightweight solution to do that. So Gusto worked. If you were to ask me if would continue to use Gusto, I don't know the answer to that question and it could even be negative.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Gusto?

Our experts can help. 243,045 professionals have used our research on 6,016 solutions.