GWAVA Review

An excellent anti-spam solution for mail systems

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a gatekeeper for our email system.

How has it helped my organization?

We have the visibility of what was locked and what was dropped from our mail system and what is safe for our users. We are able to track any suspicious mail going through our system. We can also track each end-user that receives any suspicious mail.

What is most valuable?

It's a perfect business filter. We have much fewer false positives, and also less spam than other organizations.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be more user-friendly. I don't want to have to go to my IT guy and have him explain aspects of the solution to me. There should be a way for them to be able to translate aspects of the product to a typical user in a clear concise way. It might help if there was a better user interface.

Our company has used the solution for six years.

The solution is very stable. Right now, we have 250 employees using it.

I've never had to contact technical support. So far, the solution has been stable, so I haven't needed to.

I didn't handle the initial setup of the solution. I do know that it only takes one person to maintain it once it's been deployed.

We are set up on a yearly license contract, but I can't speak to how much it costs the company annually.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. It's very good for anti-spam and overall is an excellent software filter for protecting our mail system.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.