HAProxy Review

Others should try it out, for sure. It’s a great solution backed by a very smart set of technical folks.​

What is most valuable?

• Load Balancing. We run large scale, backend infrastructure, serving millions of queries per second with low latency requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

We expect to see the following improvements:

• Software LB that can run on commodity hardware, on enterprise grade Linux OS distributions.
  • Simplifies our operations, improves our scalability, and lowers our costs.
  • Open Source, with an established community of users that we can leverage to operate and grow our deployments.

What needs improvement?

• Availability of REST API for Configuration and Reporting
  • An even bigger suite of Load Balancing algorithms
  • Documentation

In the process of deployment.

We are still in the process of rolling out our deployments and migrating our traffic.

Excellent. Both their Professional Services and Support Engineers that we have been working with are dedicated, have a high degree of expertise in the software, and with the entire stack in general.

Yes, Citrix Netscaler. We switched for the reasons above.

Complex, but their technical staff has made excellent progress on our migration to date.

Other popular Load Balancer solutions out there

What other advice do I have?

Others should try it out for sure. It’s a great solution backed by a very smart set of technical folks.