HAProxy Review

Assists with bringing legacy systems in compliance with third party security requirements

What is most valuable?

I have found HAProxy's flexibility to be most valuable. HAProxy is highly customizable and will meet the business demands of most companies. It comes with plenty of load balancing algorithms and can act as a forward and reverse proxy.

How has it helped my organization?

HAProxy has assisted us with bringing legacy systems in compliance with third party security requirements.

What needs improvement?

The documentation is extremely detailed, but I think it could be restructured so it isn't so daunting for beginners.

We have been using HAProxy in production for four months.

None, so far.

The customer service is great. I haven't had to open many service requests, but for the few I have opened, support has always responded quickly.

Out of 1-10, a definite 10.

We currently use F5 load balancers for our environment and we hope to switch to HAProxy in the very near future.

Configuring our forward proxy was a little complex because it was my first time implementing such a solution. That being said, the people at HAProxy were more than willing to help me get the solution in place.

Not applicable.

Undetermined at this time.

Compared to solutions such as F5, Haproxy is much cheaper upfront and in yearly licensing fees.

We looked at NGINX and Squid.